Friday, January 30, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl


So I have this little girl who is obsessed with getting married. She wants to marry everyone including her daddy, mommy and brother.

My question is...does every little girl have this stage?

I ask because I don't remember going through that. As most of you know my parents divorces when I was 7, but I do know that when I was little I did love him. However, I don't remember things like that. Maybe I have blocked that out of my memory, but did I ever want to marry my dad. I don't have many good feelings or memories of him. I hope that when Ryann grows up she will still cherish her Daddy and still look up to him as her king. She is such a daddy's girl, she would prefer to do things with him over me any day.

I have also been having this problem about remembering much about my dad. Not that I don't remember anything, the memories are all just... well not great things to remember. How do I get past that and move on. I thought I had, but having a little girl who worships her daddy kinda makes me sad. Don't get me wrong I love that feeling I get when he gets home. She screams...DADDY, YOU'RE HOME I MISSED YOU! It truly makes my heart swell...but did I ever have that. I guess it doesn't matter now, but it does make me wonder what that kind of love for your dad feels like. Well...enough of my sob story.

Today is Erins' birthday. We have wrapped presents, and Ry made him a card...cute! We ordered him an ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery...yum, but Ry reminded me that we have to get candles for the cake. So it's off to the store we go.

I hope you have a great week, and remember to love all you can when you have the chance.

No comments: